Wednesday, 26 November 2014

Blatherington Manor


 I drew a 5 page story, 'Blatherington Manor', for 'The Fitzroy' comic anthology, and it's available now from all comic shops of taste and refinement. It's a comic tie-in to the forthcoming The Fitzroy movie.
You can also get it online at the Dead Canary Comics website: 
Dead Canary Comics | Welcome to The Fitzroy

Here's the rather swanky cover (not by me):


From the back of the comic:
'1950's Britain, the UK is covered in a poisonous gas but society struggles on, confident in the belief that nothing important has really changed.
The Fitzroy explores this world through six twisted tales of death, mayhem and the finest tea from the dark edges of the British Isles.'


Blatherington Manor, written by C.S. Baker, is a charming tale of post-apocalyptic survival, Jeeves and Wooster style. This is the first time I've drawn a story that I didn't write - and also probably the first story I've done that doesn't contain any blood, death, or spurting genitals. I thought it'd make a change, and I think it turned out pretty well. I had fun, as always, designing the characters and nailing their facial expressions..


No comments: